Why not extend your holiday & add on a 5 day Wildlife Viewing Package from Vancouver?
Knight Inlet is a 100 km long fjord carved by glaciers in the coastal mountains. This pristine wilderness is the native habitat of the Grizzly Bear. Every spring when the bears come out of hibernation, they can be seen from a boat on the banks of Glendale Cove eating sedge grasses, mussels and barnacles that abound in the cove.
In the fall the bears feed heavily on the returning Salmon to the Glendale River and can be seen in large numbers from the specially constructed viewing platform.
Situated 60 kilometres from the mouth of the inlet is Knight Inlet Lodge. The floating lodge is tucked into Glendale Cove, which offers one of the few protected anchorages in the inlet, and it is here that you will begin each day’s adventure.
The lodge is an assortment of 5 modern cement floats containing 15 guest rooms, a dining room, a lounge, an interpretive centre and support buildings. Most of the rooms have one double and queen or two queen beds with a private bathroom. With the addition of a cot they can accommodate four in some of the rooms. Most of the guest buildings have lounges with wood burning stoves in them, for relaxing in the evening or on a cool day.
- Return flight from Vancouver to Campbell River
- Return transfer Campbell River Airport to Hotel and seaplane terminal
- 1st night accommodation in Campbell River
- Balance of nights accommodation at Knight Inlet Lodge
- Return airfare from Campbell River Float Plane dock to Knight Inlet Lodge
- Welcome orientation for wildlife viewing
- All meals and snacks while at the lodge
- Complimentary house wine with dinner
- All transportation to the bear viewing stands and boats
- Bear viewing tour
- Scenic boat ride of Glendale Cove
- Use of kayaks on organised estuary tours
- Interpretive guide on all tours
- Rain gear if required
- BC Provinical Hotel Tax
- Not included: Gratuity for staff (recommended $20.00 per day per guest for duration of stay)
4 & 5 day packages will be offering the following extra tours
- Extra bear viewing trips
- Interpretive hike of Kwalate River valley
- Wildlife tracking to make plaster casts of animal prints
- Excursions for Bald Eagle viewing and other bird life